Monday, June 20, 2011

style obsessions: sectionals

One thing that has remained consistent in my design style is my love for sectionals. Now I'm not talking cheesy, bulky, leather wrap-around sectionals - but modern, retro, neutral colored chaise + sofa sectionals.

Funny how when I had the opportunity to buy a sofa/sectional I ended up buying a pretty basic, transitional and still-not-broken-in-or-very-comfy-even-after-four-years couch and matching loveseat.

Here are a few of my favorites from the web:

Image from Apartment Therapy. I adore this sofa. Have no clue where it's from though.


Karlstad sofa + chaise from Ikea. I love it in grey.

Cini Boeri Lounge for Knoll Studio (I know these aren't sectionals - but i still love the low, comfy look). Image from Neocon 2011 Showroom Highlights.

Gus Modern Carter Sectional Sofa from All Modern/CSN Stores. I love this style.

Santa Barbara Sectional from Vivavi.

Modern Fabric Sectional Sofa from Tosh Furniture.


Grey Fabric Sectional Sofa from Tosh Furniture.

Modern Grey Fabric Sectional Sofa by Tosh Furniture.


I'm definitely drawn to a few key elements: neutral (mostly grey) colors and textured fabrics, visible metal frame/leg and a medium height back with floppy, loose cushions.

2 comments:

*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

Awe. Your sofa/love seat is nice. It is basic, but it's good quality.

I think sectionals are difficult to arrange in a space. You are basically forced into one layout in the room. And if you move, your sectional might not work in the space at all.

So it's good that, for now, you have transitional pieces, since your life is in transition still.

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said... Best Blogger Tips

Sooo pretty. Just wish their level of comfort matched their level of pretty. :)