Friday, May 13, 2011

cauliflower, spinach and chicken gratin


i bought the ingredients for this dish a week ago and only just got around to making it now. holy. this was so good.


i took shortcuts with pre-made alfredo sauce, but you could go big and make your own.


chicken, cauliflower and spinach mixed with alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs. yum.




i made a "half batch" but used all the alfredo sauce and lots of cheese (of course). it ended up making about three servings, and i'm excited to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

recipe adapted from Wegman's Cauliflower, Spinach and Chicken Gratin.

i cooked my chicken, added the cauliflower, sauce, cheese, 1/2 the bread crumbs and spinach all to the same skillet. this cut down on my cooking time compared to the original recipe - 20 minutes and 15 instead of 40 and 15, so i really liked doing it that way.

i suggest you try this - so good! josh enjoyed it as well, so this will definitely go back on our dinner plan. i could also see adding some pasta to this if you want to make the meal go even farther.



3 comments:

*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

My mom makes a chicken cassarole with cauliflower and broccoli. She uses cream of mushroom/chicken canned soup, mayonaise, and cheese for the sauce. And adds, of course, a crunchy topping. And then serves it over egg noodles. This recipe reminds me of that.

Looks good! I might have to add cauliflower to my shopping list!

Also, I love just making a pasta alfredo and adding a box of frozen spinach - it adds so much to the healthiness of a cream/pasta dish!

Oops! Long comment. kloveyabye

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks delish! I never think to make stuff like this and love when people help expand my horizons.

I can almost smell the cheese.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Whew...I thought you might take a break from your fabulous recipe postings. Now this particular recipe knocks it out of the freakin park. I can't wait to make it, devour it, and watch my rear end grow. I'm glad you've gotten your mojo back.