Saturday, March 26, 2011

label help

so recently i've been really trying to pare down the labels i use on posts. i find that i tag things that i may never write about again and that no one would really ever search for. based on what i desire to write about and share, i feel that i should be able to create better focus in my posts (and hopefully better posts) by removing unnecessary labels.

i'm looking for advice here people. how do you categorize what you write about? do you tag posts specifically, like "momentum fabrics," or do you keep things more general like "fabrics?" i'm looking for advice!

i love have the labels column on my blog, but hate seeing a bunch of random tags that i may never blog about again.

what's your system?

2 comments:

*Stace* said... Best Blogger Tips

Where's the "this sucks" reaction? ;) kidding! I label anything and everything I can that relates specifically to the post so if I search for something down the road its more likely to come up. So I would do "fabrics" and "momentum fabrics". I don't know if that's what you are supposed to do though. And then I found $5.

*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

I keep mine generic. But I do tag singular and plural i.e. fabric and fabrics. Also for search engines, the tags you use should also be in the body of the text, which is sometimes tricky. And also for search engines the more times the word is in the text the higher ranking it gets.