anyway, this storage unit has stayed the same all those years and i had been contemplating painting out all white until i saw that post! we're going through some furniture at work and i might be ending up with a little storage supported work surface, so i think this revamped cabinet will look great on top!
unfortunately i don't have it's final resting place set up yet, but still - here's the finished product, and i don't even have to repaint the yellow!
|(don't mind our delightful orange-brown shaggy carpet...)|
|(or the orange vinyl flooring...that i actually don't mind anymore, since i love orange!)|
i used scrapbook paper i had leftover-that-was-actually-never-used from the wedding (and leftover that WAS used for the bridal shower) and affixed with rubber cement! i'm afraid that it actually isn't going to stay on too well, but the rubber cement was kinda old so it was pretty thick and it seemed to stick on pretty well. i traced the patterns with pencil and just cut out with scissors and a mini cutting board. also, the bottom drawer was bigger than the paper, so that one is doubled up - you can kind of see the difference where the two pieces meet, but i think it worked pretty well.
anyway, this was a first "crafty" project for me, and i must say i think i was slightly inspired by the fact that it was LIGHT OUT when i came home! that was pretty rockin. can't wait for this weather to warm up so i can paint our chairs and table!!!