Friday, March 27, 2009

5 days of 5 / Day 5

5 days of 5i have 5 days before my 25th birthday. i thought i would dedicate each day on my blog to a list of 5 things. this will be a different list each day. each list is going to incorporate things that have shaped me or had an impact in my 25 years.


today i'm going to write about 5 things i'm thankful for.

  1. my church
    • where would i be without Grace? it has been a place that has helped me learn, grown, participate and use my spiritual gifts. i have been blessed to be led by Grace leaders for almost all of my life. Grace has a church experience like non-other. you will meet the Holy Spirit there if you attend. the people of the church are amazing, and the church itself is reaching out to the community in awesome ways.


  2. my friends
    • i've already spoken about Alicia. we've been friends for so long, she knows more about me than anyone i think. i'm in the middle with the pink polka dot dress. alicia's on the far right w/ the BRIGHT BLUE SHINY stretch pants :)
    • my SKANK's - Staci, Kristen, Nicole & Katie. they are the best friends anyone could ask for. we can always be ourselves, talk about anything, always supportive and helping each other. i am blessed to have them in my life.
    • Bethanys - i have two Bethanys in my life that are amazing. they are both "Bethany K's"
      • Bethany that i met when working at Wal-mart about 7 years ago. we may not see each other as much as we used to, but we still can have so much fun together.
      • Bethany from work. we've been working together for almost two years now, and it's such a blessing to see her 5 days a week! she is so supportive, awesome to talk to, always giving me godly advice, encouraging and loving me. you are a blessing!!
    • i have so many other friends that are amazing to me. friends from church providing me with constant guidance and love, friends from college that went through the most trying times with me, friends from high school that share special bonds, friends i've met through blogging that have been amazing to get to know. you are all important to me.
  3. my family
    • my parents are the most amazing, loving, supportive parents in the world. i couldn't ask for a better pair. they are also absolutely nuts and hilarious. but i love that about them :)
    • my sister is the BEST sister in the world. i can honestly say she's my best friend and i can have more fun with her than anyone. my brother-in-law is amazing and my family is so blessed in having him join our family.
    • my cousin Bekah is like a second sister to me. her mother/my aunt is like a second mother. they are so supportive, so fun, and so loving. Bekah is one of the funniest people i know. she is hilarious, will never be embarrassed and loves Jesus and is so inspiring to me.
    • my grandparents are amazing. so supportive, always praying, always thinking of others and trusting Jesus.
    • my other cousins, aunts, uncles and extended family are wonderful too.
  4. Josh
    • he's shown up at my door with flowers many times
    • he hides cards for me to find, and gives them to me for no reason
    • he is open about trying new things, and willing to do anything for me
    • he loves me. no matter what i may have done. he forgives me, understands me and cherishes me.
    • he makes me a better person
    • he's insanely talented
    • i am truly blessed God brought him into my life


  5. God's Love
    • But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8



also - today is jamie lovely's birthday! go wish her happy 25th at ohhowlovely.net

2 comments:

Michelle and the City said... Best Blogger Tips

what a beautiful post Amy! you have a lot to be thankful for :)

Happy 25th!!

*Stace* said... Best Blogger Tips

aww mase!! such good posts!! :-)