Monday, March 8, 2010

it's that time again...

to watch what i eat! be healthy! say i'm going to work out! hopefully shed a few pounds!

no, but really, it is. i started Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" 30-day diet this morning. since i did this last year, i already have a bunch of the work done for me - random spices in my cabinet, know which meals i'm going to loath and which i'll love, i have the book and i have most of the meals all worked out (there are some meals [that involve fish] that i don't like, so i have to rearrange them a little...).

i started out the day with a scrambled egg (which seems to always taste gross to me in the morning, especially without salt) and Kashi GO LEAN! Crisp. let me tell you though - this cereal is really good. it's "berry crumble" flavored. yum.

again, since i've done this so many times before (okay, once), i know that it works if you are dedicated to staying on the meal plan. now, if you work out too??? who knows, cause i didn't do that last time. last week i went to the new LECOM Wellness Center with my cousin twice, and both times stayed for OVER TWO HOURS. never in my LIFE have i stayed at the gym for this amount of time. she's good at getting me motivated, so couple 2-3 times a week at the gym with this meal plan and who knows where i'll be in 30 days?! hopefully, somewhere skinnier. i know i fit into my wedding dress already, but i want to fit into it even BETTER!

i really believe that calling this a "meal-plan" (not a diet) and giving yourself a time limit (30 days in my case), really can make this work. i've told myself time and time again i'm going to "eat better," and honestly, that never works. also, not limiting yourself to eating nothing on special occasions - birthday parties, bridal or baby showers, etc., as long as you don't go overboard and allow yourself to eat this way every weekend...or every day...

so, my goals for the next 30 days:
  1. stay on the meal plan 95% of the time (exception i already know about: my birthday!)
  2. go to the gym 2-3 times a week and maybe weekends
  3. have a good attitude
  4. schedule my first dress fitting (also meaning: buy wedding shoes)
  5. get lots of wedding stuff done!!

1 comments: