Wednesday, August 17, 2011

we made it: one year!

I can't believe it's been a year since our wedding week. At this time last year, my best friend from Florida was in Erie, helping me with whatever I needed. I had just picked up my dress, my family, friends and I were going crazy with last minute details. I was back living with my parents. My niece could barely sit up on her own, now she's a full-fledged walking toddler.

If you're a more recent follower, you can catch up on my wedding using the "my wedding" labels, though that will take you back a year of planning! I didn't put too many of our pictures up after we got them back, so here are a few favorites in honor of this special week:


Ah - my family :)

We took almost all of the bride + bridesmaid pictures at my aunt + uncle's house before the wedding. They recently sold their house, so I'm even more honored to have so many gorgeous pictures on their beautiful property.



Where Josh and I attend church together. One Sunday a month, we are on stage helping to lead worship to this beautiful church. I have gone here all of my life. Though the building is new (built in 2007), the people are the church, and we were so blessed to have so many family, friends and church family there with us.

This bridal party was the best. I mean, look at all those gorgeous girls! And all those super cool dudes!

Our pictures were done by my long-time, very good friend and at one point, mentor, Danielle Hartland. She did an amazing job and I couldn't be more pleased with everything she did for us.

Kimberly of Make Way for Cupcakes did our gorgeous and delicious cupcakes. They turned out exactly how I had envisioned and my family was happily stuffing our faces with leftover cuppies for days after the wedding.

Our first dance song was written by my cousin Paul, who Josh was friends with in high school. It was so awesome having so many family and friends doing things for our wedding day.



Tell me about your wedding experiences! What was the best part of your day or a friend's wedding you attended? Other than walking down the aisle to meet my hubby and say our vows, our off-site picture time and reception were both a blast. I can't really pick - I loved the whole day!!

If you're interested in viewing more pics (my gosh, there are so many pics), look me up on Facebook - I have three albums!!

6 comments:

henning love said... Best Blogger Tips

congrats on your one year! your wedding photos are gorgeous and it is fun to look back and remember the day prior to the ceremony i will cherish those memories forever

Kendall said... Best Blogger Tips

These pictures are fantastic!! What a beautiful bride. The week leading up to my wedding was crazy but so much fun, I was flying back to Tennessee from New York, finishing up last minute details and spending time with my faamily. I can't believe I've been married for almost 4 years. Crazy!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Anniversary!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said... Best Blogger Tips

Time flies when you're having fun, eh?

Chandana said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy anniversary! And i love the pictures.. they are amazing!

Do visit - www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com
Let me know if you want to follow each other! :)