Sunday, August 7, 2011

Steak + Pasta

So, this dinner was good. I mean, after hours and some brushing, I still have garlic-taste in my mouth and my husband refuses to sit next to me, but...this dinner. Was good.


Rachael Ray's Roasted Garlic Pesto Cream Pasta (altered for two people, used rotini pasta and added some garlic in the pesto) and a sirloin with an Italian marinade based off of this recipe. I did not add soy sauce to the marinade - or salt - and I really think I should have. The steak was good, but could have been better.


And again, the steak was good - however, it does not compare to the beef + pineapple kebabs from last month. No. Not a bit. Those need to go back on the menu plan ASAP.


But this pasta was tasty. I really enjoyed the addition of the pesto on top - definitely gave it a lot more flavor and a great kick! I've only made a pesto-type thing one other time, but I really wanted to utilize my basil plant in some sort of pasta dish this week!

Also - after planning on making this meal, I checked my plants and my basil was wilting. AGAIN. Monday after work I checked and we hadn't watered in a day (I usually water every day)...I thought the plant was dead. It looked awful. Luckily, more water and the next day - back to normal. So, after watering this afternoon, by the time I needed to use the basil, it was quite happy and looking just as good as always!

4 comments:

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

wow, that looks so delicious! will definitely try that recipe for the pesto pasta sometime.

*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

Yums! (I tend to forget to water my plants until they look like they are dying too.)

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks great. And I love garlic...it won't stop me from a kiss. :) Garlic breath is only bad when you're the only one with it. If he ate the pasta too there's nothing to worry about..hehe.

That steak looks so yummy. I can't remember the last time I had a steak!

henning love said... Best Blogger Tips

wow this recipe looks amazing and i think steak is a perfect combination i love summers when we can grill a lot! love your blog, following you now