Friday, May 15, 2009

Making the Cut Day 4

well, it's day 4 of 30 days of Making the Cut. it has been going well so far, but i must say, i'm an absolute failure at the working out part. i might go pick up Jillian Michael's 30-day shred video for $10 at target (since i'm under on my budget this week too!) to get me more motivated.

the first 3/4 days i ate almost to a "t" what the meal requirements were. my problems lie in...
  1. i HATE cottage cheese. day two's breakfast was a CUP of cottage cheese. i decided to try a 1/2 cup, and only managed to eat 2 1/2 spoonfuls before wanting to spit it everywhere. however, i didn't eat anything else (but the required "toast") that morning.
  2. i love eggs. with salt. eggs with salt are not an option. 3/4 of the days have called for 2 scrambled eggs (the only kind i'll eat) and kashi cereal and skim milk. for some reason, the thought of eggs at 8am just makes me nauseous. today instead of this breakfast, i had the 1/2 c skim milk to drink, a piece of toast, & 1 T peanut butter. this made me much happier.
  3. sometimes the lunches make me nauseous. i'm not sure what is going on here. the lunches are good, but for some reason...about 10-20 minutes after eating them, the thought of them just makes me queasy.
  4. i'm going through major sugar/caffeine withdrawal. this morning was the first morning i woke up without a headache. one of my main goals with this "diet" is to get off sugar and caffeine for a while. i don't think i've ever gone a day without something sugary, and i'm now going on 4.
  5. i hate working out. i hate every aspect of it. plus today i'm really busy and don't see when i'm going to have time to do anything.

so, that's about all for the update! have great weekends everyone!!

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

its so funny, a lot of the things you are saying are similar to me and my strtuggles while dieting.

with cottage cheese, i do like it, but only with fruit as it's accompaniment. you should try that, it really helps.

eggs with salt are the best, but I hate eating eggs in teh morning. i want sweet cereal in the morning. however when i do eat eggs, i am almost always more satisfied and less hungry by lunch.

re: lunches making you nauseous - i think its because you are not used to thinking so hard about what you are eating, and breaking out of your routine is difficult. adding in a few quick bites of something youare more used to might help.

working out does suck. but when your'e done you feel so good about it.

*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

You forgot to say: "Thanks to my roomie for making me walk 1.5 miles on Wednesday."

amy grace said... Best Blogger Tips

kc! you are so right! thank you for making me do that :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Instead of the cottage cheese, try a small cup of Fage 0% Greek yogurt with a small spoonful of jam or fresh fruit added. Has about 90 calories plain and 15 grams protein. I eat it when I'm just not feelin' cottage cheese.

Cottage cheese is decent with smoked paprika or oregano added. Unfortunately I still get sick of it... :(