Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Update: October 7-9, 2011

I cannot believe how GORGEOUS it was in Erie all weekend! Mid 70's, beautiful breezes and gorgeous colors. Fall has hit Erie hard and the colors are unbelieveable.

Friday on had to drop off some books at the library so I picked up FIVE new ones! I was lucky enough to find five of the books on my Pinterest book club reading list, so that was pretty exciting! In the evening we had a worship team meeting where we talked about the upcoming year - the schedule, new praise & worship and prayer nights and ways to connect our three "venues" together (we currently host two contemporary services on Sunday mornings  as well as one traditional service at our McKean location. There is a third contemporary service hosted about 25-30 minutes east in Harbor Creek). We had a great time of food & fellowship with one another and prayed for the new year and over my brother-in-law, who is our worship pastor. It was a fun night!

The last two Saturdays have rocked because I've been able to sleep in past 10 am! Josh heads off to work and I have the house to myself to do whatever...or nothing. Mostly nothing happened this past weekend. Catching up on blogs, enjoying the breeze and just plain old laying around. We hung out after Josh got back from work doing the norm - catching up on the week's TV shows we missed (Fringe, The Office) and just spending time together.

Sunday church involved a life story video by my amazing husband about his coming to Grace Church that had tears in my family's eyes in the end! We hung around for a little watching my adorable niece Chloe run around the church yelling "Josh!" "Mamma!" "Dadda!" and "Oh nooo." Then my parents took us out for lunch at Applebee's!

We finally got to enjoy some of that gorgeous weather as we went up to Fuhrman's Cider Mill for some donuts and cider and a quick scenic drive back to our house.


We spent the rest of the evening lounging around until we went out at 930 pm [past my bedtime] to Josh's friend Katie's to watch the season finale of Breaking Bad. I don't normally watch it - I can't take it! It's too suspenseful! -  but I wasn't going to miss out on hanging out!

Hope you all had fantastic weekends! Was the weather as lovely for you as it was for us up here?

Just wanted to point out for any of you who may have been new commenters/viewers last week: I switched back to the standard Blogger comment form as I did not like the one I was previously viewing. If you see your comments are deleted - they really haven't been [by my choice] but that is what happens when you try that stuff out! So I want to make sure you're aware I appreciate your comments and saw them! Thanks!

2 comments:

AmYaroundthecorner said... Best Blogger Tips

Your weekend sounds like it was just lovely :) We've been enjoying the modest temperatures and vibrant colors here in OH, too!

...Also, your post has left me craving donuts and cider, hard core ;)

Happy Monday!

*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad you switched the comment section back... I couldn't get mine to post.

I see Hunger Games in on your book list... I want to read that too. Did you check that book out of the library? If not, we should try to read that togeter.

I also got recommended Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. Check that out and see if you think we should add that to our lists.

Also - I read 150 pages for "Girl with" this weekend. Sat outside in the sunshine reading! It was gorgeous!