Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Honey Mustard Balsamic Vinaigrette

I know I've posted my love for Apple Crunch Salad back in April, and though my own version was delicious, I didn't think the dressing I created really made this salad the best it can be.

I searched and searched and came upon this Honey Mustard Balsamic Vinaigrette at chaos in the kitchen.  Everything she posts looks delicious and the ingredients sounded like the perfect combination for this salad.

Total. Winner. This dressing puts this salad over the top amazing. I love it. It ended up being a mess for me to create (I really need a salad-dressing-vinaigrette-appropriate-bottle-thing) as I somehow sprayed balsamicy oil all over myself and our kitchen when making it, but, it was worth it.

I've also starting using straight spinach in an attempt to recreate the deliciousness found at Jerome Bettis Grille in Pittsburgh last month, as well as using Gorgonzola instead of bleu cheese, and I really like the difference that is made. I use regular pecans - candied are delicious, but I'm attempting to "watch what I eat" (hence the spinach). Oh, and I always use a whole apple for myself and for lunch I eat it w/o any meat, though you could add chicken if you want to make a full dinner out of it.

I suggest you check out this dressing if you're looking for something new and slightly sweet! I think the addition of the shallots and mustard really makes this dressing special! (and the honey, too, I guess!)

7 comments:

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! I'm not a big fan of honey mustard dressing, but I love anything with balsamic vinegar in it. Must try!

*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

Pretty picture!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

This sounds pretty good to me :)

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks sooooo good! I'm suddenly craving a salad!

Becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

Alexa said... Best Blogger Tips

It looks fantastically delish! I'm going to have to try it!
xo
Alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said... Best Blogger Tips

I love to look at your blog just before dinner time, I always get great ideas!

Sienna said... Best Blogger Tips

this looks so yummy & healthy!