Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Roasted Chicken + Veggies

I posted on my weekend update that we had homemade chicken soup on Friday. What was great about this soup is that it was so easy since it was leftover chicken that I had roasted two days earlier.

I found the recipe from FoodNetwork and I loved everything listed on the ingredients list. I used split bone-in chicken breasts, garlic + butter + rosemary + oil rubbed over the salted/peppered chicken. Carrots, onions and celery were added plus a splash of white cooking wine, lemon juice and water. Baked for about 40 minutes on 400 degrees. We ended up eating one half for dinner that night and the rest I shredded up for the soup. It was delicious!


I love when you can get two meals (or more - I had even more leftover chicken soup on Saturday!) from one night of cooking!


3 comments:

Lindsay [Elle Elizabeth] said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks yummy :) I love a good homemade meal that turns into soup :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks pretty good :)

AmYaroundthecorner said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh wow. Your description has me drooling : "garlic + butter +rosemary"?! ... "Carrots... celery & white cooking wine"?! Um... yes, please :)

I bet your house smelled heavenly while it was cooking, too!