Thursday, September 30, 2010

my first (successful) etsy purchase

WARNING: while this post is about purchasing from ETSY, it is also about wedding details...so...be warned.

one thing i really wanted to get for my bridesmaids was cute clutches or handbags that were different, fun, a pop of color and re-usable. i feel like i succeeded with 3/4 of these requirements.

since my girls wore PINK heels (Mossimo, from Target) i decided on PINK purses (i knew KT wouldn't be happy about it, but i did it anyway). after unfortunate evens from my first attempt at purses on Etsy (didn't hear back from the vendor for months after paying 1/2 of the money up front), i decided to go for something really different.

photo by Danielle Hartland Graphic Design & Photography 
(actually, her assistant Miranda took this one!)


i discovered Poppy Punch Etsy shop while doing a general bridal clutch search on Etsy. i was more than pleased with the results. Toon worked close with me on personalizing my clutches (allowing me to pick my fabric and add a silver chain). She also gave me a discount (well, i did order NINE bags...eight bridesmaids and one bride). i picked a pink flowery pattern for the girls and the same pattern in orange for me. they might not be able to use these again too often, but they were a great deal, looked awesome in pictures (so far that i've seen), and shipped quickly (they came from Thailand) and *cutely* wrapped.


i would definitely recommend Poppy Punch for personalized, fun and funky clutches! there are so many gorgeous bags on their site!


photo by Danielle Hartland Graphic Design & Photography


photo by Staci

4 comments:

Sarah Ann said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Etsy! What a great great gift!!!
Who doesn't love wedding details!?!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Clutches are cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoes!! Where did you get them?

amy grace said... Best Blogger Tips

Martina: the shoes were from Marshall's. my shoe search is a story of it's own!

*kc said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the gifts!

I almost used it once since the wedding.