Thursday, April 10, 2008

an áit a bhfuil do chroí is ann a thabharfas do chosa thú

{your feet will bring you to where your heart is}

so, i mean, i guess i'm kind of obsessed with anything Celtic.
[i have a Celtic triangle around my neck, in my ear holes, tattooed on my back, as well as a Claddagh ring with triangles holding the heart instead of hands and one Celtic knot ring from Liverpool, England.]

My sissy just sent me some more lovely jewelry to browse...and drool over.
















i am really fascinated with Celtic knots...though it seems their origin is either Christian...or polytheistic...from what i had been told, or read, i've always attributed the triangle to the Trinity, but some sources say there is really no meaning for any of the symbols. who knows, i just googled "Celtic knot" and that's what i came up with.

[quote from My Celtic Blog / pictures from Amazon & here & here]

[and yes, i suppose i got a LITTLE carried away...........]

6 comments:

Kt said... Best Blogger Tips

aww totes cute and totes you...

I don't think I've seen much written in Irish, took me a minute to figure out what language it was.

Michelle and the City said... Best Blogger Tips

i love celtic jewelry too. i have a claddagh ring i wear all the time and i plan on getting the symbol tattooed on me somewhere... you know, when i get up the courage :)

Kt said... Best Blogger Tips

awww...come on...it's not THAT stupid of a thought...you usually like French so I thought maybe it related to one of the pics...geez...hee hee...

Kt said... Best Blogger Tips

1000!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said... Best Blogger Tips

Tattoo......hmmmm do your parents know about this???? I don't even know how to speel tatoo tattoo, oh whatever!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

i hope you get one of tehse pieces :)