Sunday, January 31, 2010

sick & wedding progress

like what seems to be the rest of Erie, i am sick. my roomie, sister & her hubs, aunt & cousin and my mum are all sick. i'm sure more Erieites than that are too...i've spent at least 24 of the last 36 hours asleep, if not more than that. i'm feeling better this morning, but granted, it's barely 8am.

haven't done too much wedding planning lately. too busy and exhausted after the work day to think about it, and too sick this weekend to bother. Josh and I did a little cake testing at my "aunt & uncle's" (my mum's cousin = my aunt) on Thursday. she made an amazing chocolate layer cake with chocolate-caramel ganache center, caramel butter cream frosting, caramel and chocolate drizzle and chocolate shavings on top. it was AMAZING (pic below).

also, i asked my "cousin" (above "aunt & uncle's" son) to whip up a song for Josh & I to dance to at the wedding. he seriously can "whip up" a song in like, a week. we don't really have a "song," more so...music that we like (Nine Inch Nails, Audioslave, Daft Punk...not really wedding-slow-dance-song-material) and TV shows that we always watch together (Futurama, Simpsons, Fringe...). none of these will do much for our first dance at the wedding. my cousin Paul is an amazing songwriter and told me a few days ago that he has a tune and he's going to get really working on it within the next few weeks. i'm so excited! he is currently living in New York and playing around with his band, Paul and The Patients (@PATPband for you twitter folks). he also does a song of the week http://patp.bandcamp.com/, and wrote a song for my grandpa in December, but i can't find that link!

hope everyone's weekends have been good so far, and if you're sick too, i hope you feel better soon!!

3 comments:

meig said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my, I think I'm drooling.. that cake looks delicious!!!

Hope you're feeling better!

Jamie said... Best Blogger Tips

That cake is what a Snickers bar would look like in cake form!

Style, She Wrote said... Best Blogger Tips

That cake is insane! It looks so delish!